Sunday, February 15, 2009

simplicity 3835 - built by wendy top

I am a beginner when it comes to sewing, so simple patterns are the way to go. When I flick through the pattern books, I'm heading straight for the "Very Easy" patterns in order to hone my basic skills before advancing into more difficult projects. This Built By Wendy pattern is super simple - my first effort with it was to make the top.


I chose a cotton floral from Spotlight, which sits very nicely for the finished garment - structured, but still loose and light, plus I think the florals make it all the more summery. There's no stretch in the fabric, so it can be a little bit tight to pull over my head - it would be good to add an invisible zip in the side seam.

I wore it out today with my mum - shopping and a film. The picture didn't come out very clear for some reason, though - I need to work on this!


Worn with Gorman denim shorts, striped Campers and a wooden squirrel brooch from Spitalfields Market in London.

I definitely want to make the dress in this pattern! And since this top is sitting so well, I want to make another one out of a checked fabric - it will be scary to have to match checks for the first time, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment